Saturday 30 June 2012

Egyptair vs Emirates

A few weeks ago, I flew with Egyptair from London Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur, via Cairo and Bangkok. I chose Egyptair because at the time of booking, Egyptair was GBP100 cheaper than Emirates. I also wanted to explore different airlines and compare the pros and cons. So here are the pros and cons.

Pros of Egyptair (in relation to Emirates)
- Slightly cheaper (sometimes)
- baggage allowance of 46kg (max 23kg per baggage, max 2 items), whereas Emirates only allows up to 30kg (unless paid extra)
- while Emirates has a larger game bank, I personally find Egyptair games more interesting and less repetitive
- smooth and hassle-free check-in

Pros of Emirates (in relation to Egyptair)
- Emirates has far more movies for your selection, and they are more up to date too. I only watched two movies while on board (Egyptair), because all the other movies were just too uninteresting.
- Shorter travelling hours
- More window shopping opportunities during transit at Dubai Airport (there is nothing to shop at all in Cairo Airport during transit)
- Emirates feels more posh and extravagant (probably due to the colour and decoration of the interior of the aircraft)
- Slightly better food (my personal opinion)
- Emirates has super hot air stewards and air stewardesses (many of the Egyptair cabin crew I saw were above 40+, or maybe it is just that particular flight)

Considering all the benefits, next time I will always choose Emirates over Egyptair even if it is slightly more expensive (unless I really have A LOT of luggage).

No comments:

Post a Comment